Sitting

Sitting
And this moment is my path

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Notes to myself for the first day of March, 2011

photo taken at the Kiwanis Club in Marion, IL sometime in the early 80s. I had played the Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody no. 11.

I am approaching my birthday and so am setting some personal goals:

1. Walk away from situations that aren't truly yours. No orchestra needs another player when it hasn't yet figured out what it's playing.
2. Give folks a little room. You may be more compassionate than you know.
3. Being compassionate is not the same as being passive. You can be caring and still have boundaries.
4. Be patient with others. They will come around to their own personal truths in their own time and in their own ways.
5. Trust others to ask for what they want.

No comments: