Sitting

Sitting
And this moment is my path

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday, May 18

I began the journey toward accomplishing some of the summer goals yesterday. A grueling spin class that was made enjoyable by Jeff's leadership. Still reeling from the all-day lawn work session on Sunday, the muscles ache! But, a bit of progress was made.

Last evening I worked just a bit on the Chopin Impromptu, which is predictably tricky, but not terribly difficult. The Scriabin Prelude--Op. 11, No. 1 is treacherous. Big sonorous waves of sound with few notes. But the notes that are there challenge the hands to stretch in his trademark intervals of perfect fourths and fifths.

Re-reading the Dhammapada: "He abused me, attached me, Defeated me, robbed me!" For those carrying on like this, Hatred does not end."

The Buddha reminds us that remaining in a mindset of victimization halts our ability to notice the wonder of the present. That accepting all things--good and challenging--are part of our path.

No comments: