Really terrific things, happenings, and memories:
- I ran several really great races. Great, not because I'm so fast, but great because I had so much fun.
The Heart & Sole 5K (26:43)
The Irish Jig 5K (26:21)
The Riverbank Run 25K (2:33:58)
The Chicago Monster Dash Half Marathon (2:21:24)
and yesterday, the Wolverine Resolution Run 4-Miler (36:30).
- I joined St. George's, a Polish hall here in Grand Rapids. The beer is cold and cheap and the members, warm and fun. What could be better?
- We celebrated Art's birthday on the West Side. Breakfast at the Westsider and dinner at the Hall (Barb's Burgers...terrific!).
- I got a tattoo for my birthday and had the time of my life. Most of which cannot be fully documented.
- John and I celebrated 19 years together!
- Jeff treated me and John to Jeffrey Kahane, which was one of the finest recitals I've ever heard. That was a special evening.
- I spent most of the early part of the year training for the Riverbank Run. Every mile of training left me with cherished memories of the beauty of Grand Rapids, the importance of friendship, and a fuller commitment to being healthy.
- I discovered a deep love and respect to being outdoors. Who knows where this came from?? I went camping twice--once in Pentwater, MI (thanks to Ed and Dave!) and once in Empire, MI. Two of the most beautiful and inspiring trips I've ever taken.
- I learned to kayak!
- I started hiking. Which I love, too.
- I was able to hire a Director for one of my core departments at GRCC! And he's terrific.
- Jeff and I were able to make a destination run work! A weekend in Chicago WITH a visit from Bryan, cookies and kisses from Breisa, AND more fun than two middle-aged men should have.
- ArtPrize 2012--always spectacular!
- Jeff, Ryan, and I got to attend the Beer Exhibit at the Grand Rapids Public Museum (I love GR!).
- I developed a very strong relationship with Founders Brewing! Monday nights, look for me there.
- I got to spend the most terrific weekend with the Connelly's, while Bryan rode the Iceman Cometh!
- I logged over 1,000 miles of running.
- My mother treated us to a holiday visit (love you, Mom!).