Sitting

Sitting
And this moment is my path

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finding Calm




I can find calm most readily when I let go of believing that I am responsible for the feelings, actions, or attitudes others.

I can influence and be influenced, but at the end of the day I am only responsible for my actions.

Everyone's path makes sense to them. People choose relationships--family dynamics, friendships, and partnerships--for reasons that suit them. They don't have to make sense to me.

Seeking "the perfect" in anything is self-defeating. Make a little progress every moment. Revel in experiences that bring peace; strive to move through experiences that feel shameful, frustrating, or disappointing.

It is good and wise to put ourselves first. We may raise children, take care of friends and family, and support colleagues. But none of this is possible without making ourselves the priority.

Find courage everyday to speak up. Ask for what you need.

No comments: