Sitting

Sitting
And this moment is my path

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I've resumed playing the piano. After cajoling from many friends I determined that I should return to that past life of practice. Next month I will play a summer recital, or at least musicale for a small group of new acquaintances and old friends.

On this rainy (although the sun has just peeked out), Michigan Memorial Day I will learn the Op 11, No 1 Prelude of Alexander Scriabin. Scriabin, a mystic, Russian composer suits the mood of the day and my musical temperament. I am pairing the Prelude with old friends--the Op. 8, No. 5 and Op. 42, No. 5 etudes. The score to the second--the more difficult etude in c# minor--is so marked up I can barely read the notes. But yesterday's return to that repertoire went well and I'm eager to put them together as a set.

John is still asleep, but when he awakes I'll get in time at the piano, then go for a run. I'm preparing for the Reed's Lake 10K and the Coast Guard Challenge--also a 10K. The former is just enjoyable, but the latter is a bit of an endurance trail.

No comments: